Faith & College Life
The Catholic faith is the framework in which our students have freedom to ask big questions and to develop the confidence to make important decisions about their lives.
We encourage them to explore issues of justice and comparison, and to grow as articulate young women with strong values and determination to help others.
There is a spirit of community at Mount Carmel that fosters love, kindness and forgiveness: the Gospel values at the heart of our ethos.
The College has a part-time chaplain who works with our students to help them gain a sense of who they are and how as students from Mount Carmel they can ‘go forward to take their place in society as educated, confident and courageous young women’.
The College is an inclusive faith community, where students and staff from other faiths contribute to the College and our understanding of the complex society we live in. The distinctive ethos of the College has built up our inclusive nature and how we aim to: -
- Encourage a positive attitude by acknowledging the power of prayer, reconciliation and forgiveness.
- Develop the potential of each student to the maximum academically, socially, culturally and spiritually.
- Become thoughtful, thinking, creative and compassionate adults able to take an effective role in the world.
- Maintain our Christian way of life while recognising the importance of fostering understanding and respect for other cultures and faiths.
- Foster a community in which the talents of both staff and students are mutually recognised, valued and encouraged.
- Promote equal opportunities for all.
- And in short to love, accept and forgive one another and treat everyone with respect.
We commit ourselves
To pray together
To learn together
To celebrate together
To journey together
To carry each other’s burdens
In the service of God’s kingdom of justice and peace
Together in faith, hope and love
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Pray for us