Building Schools for the Future Project
The planning phase has been completed for the £8.1 million project with the overall building work due to be completed March 2013. The contractors have been working closely alongside senior staff to create a modern dynamic environment for the students.
The project will see the complete refurbishment of the existing school estate with the exception of the Technology block. The building will comply with the latest disability access regulations as well as a new reception with student and visitor access.
The school’s £8m refurbishment programme started in January 2012 and we are already beginning to see its benefits. We have:
- Two newly created Art rooms with much greater natural light;
- A suite of six Maths rooms
- Two new ICT suites and a newly created Business Studies area
- Two new Modern Foreign Language rooms and refurbished History and Geography areas
- The Gymnasium has been adapted to provide a range of fitness machines and a newly created dance space
- The RE area is currently being refurbished
- The disabled access to the main teaching block and the Gymnasium will be completed shortly
- We will also have the use of our new Music room with accompanying practice rooms and state of the art recording studio
During the summer, the main structural work took place with the demolition of the main entrance, structural alterations to the hall and the learning resource and English areas, as well as the creation of a new performance space. The summer saw the completion of six Science laboratories, the creation of a new school kitchen and a new Food Technology room, and the completion of the refurbishment of our main teaching area.